Additional links:      Criminalisation     An offence of elder abuse     Court Examples     Petition    

Politicians and representatives are far more likely to respond to the people living in their area than to a charity, so one major way to help the campaign is to write to them yourself.

You can find out who your representatives are by going to the website Write to Them and following the instructions. You can use the search facilities on the site and also send a message directly to your representatives. It is a quick and easy way to make your views known.

We can't give you a template of what to write because that is not allowed by the 'Write to Them' website, but you can use information from our criminalisation pages - perhaps the low rate of prosecutions, or the poor sentencing, or how frail and vulnerable some older victims can be.

Whatever you decide to do will help. So thank you.